Thursday, September 5, 2013

Bathroom Signs!

I just moved into a new studio, and my studio mates decided to make the two bathrooms in the space gendered. So, I thought I would help the process by making signs. I started with the "Ladies" sign. Here is the first solution I came up with:


Then I thought maybe it was too hard to read so I floated a very transperant text behind the figures. What do you think? Which one works better? Thanks for any input!


The figures were all done in graphite and watercolor washes on watercolor paper. Next up a "Gents" sign! (although I'm a little baffled by the G shape...)

1 comment:

  1. WOW! SO cool! I LOOOOVE this margaux. I think the one with the shadow letters behind is probably easier to read close up but man, when i squint my eyes i could read the other one perfectly. and i really love all the individual 'ladies' they're all so cute!

    ReplyDelete