Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Modern Storytime

Hey everyone I am trying to experiment with style and wanted to try out pen and ink with watercolor washes. I also wanted to update my portfolio with pieces that I could see working for both editorial illustration as well as picture book illustration. Anyway, let me know what you think!


For this one I did a pen and ink drawing and washed over it with watercolors. The glow of the reading device is done with colored pencil. Simple, easy and quick!

1 comment:

  1. this has a nice feel to it Margaux; the palette, lighting, values, and handling of the materials work well. The Mom's hand holding the tablet looks odd in size to me. I think it's a wee bit small considering you didn't really exaggerate her all that much from a typical human proportions. Might be nitpicking though.

    ReplyDelete